Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Ceiling fan: brands?

"Chris Nelson" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 10:23 pm, "RBM" wrote:
Hampton Bay is just a trademark of HD, the fans are made by a variety of
companies, some are really well made and quite inexpensive, but it is kind
of pot luck.
Emerson and Minka-Aire are two other companies that make mid grade
perfectly
good fans as well, and like most of the Hampton bays fans, will typically
mount to standard fan support boxes.

How about Monte Carlo, like
http://www.amazon.com/Monte-Carlo-5L.../dp/B0001N3NWI
?

I'm not familiar with this brand. It looks like a decent fan, and I really
like the up light feature. I've run in to a few that have up lighting, and
it's really nice. For $200 you should be able to buy a very good quality,
classic design fan, from just about any manufacturer