Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default Homemade peanut butter

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:31:06 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

:
:"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
.. .
: I've made nut butters in the kitchen for many years, usually peanut
: butter. It's a money saver and you can see with your own eyes exactly
: what the ingredients are.
:
: I roast the nuts in the oven, although I have made raw cashew butter a
: time or two. My sometime problem is getting a machine that's up to the
: task. I used to work with a Waring blender, and after burning out a few
: motors (they were available for user replacement), I
:
:I've used a Cuisinart food processor with good results. I've not made all
:that much nut butter compared to you, but it has worked and may be worth
:considering. Plenty of people have them so you may find a friend that will
:let you try theirs for a batch to see the results.

Thanks. I think my sister may have one and I'll ask her.

Dan

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net