Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.preserving,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Homemade peanut butter

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
I've made nut butters in the kitchen for many years, usually peanut
butter. It's a money saver and you can see with your own eyes exactly
what the ingredients are.

I roast the nuts in the oven, although I have made raw cashew butter a
time or two. My sometime problem is getting a machine that's up to the
task. I used to work with a Waring blender, and after burning out a few
motors (they were available for user replacement), I

I've used a Cuisinart food processor with good results. I've not made all
that much nut butter compared to you, but it has worked and may be worth
considering. Plenty of people have them so you may find a friend that will
let you try theirs for a batch to see the results.