Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Stuck Rotor on Tapered Shaft

I'm trying to remove the rotor (field coil) on my little UST GG2300 single
phase generator. It won't come off. The long screw that holds it on was
over-tight and it took some care to remove it without breaking it. Anyone
have any suggestions on how to remove a stuck rotor? I've tried tapping,
pulling and even some whacking but I'm afraid if I hit it any harder I'm
gonna bend the crankshaft. I tried using a puller on the bearing at the end
of the rotor, pushing against the screw (reinserted) but I'm afraid the
bearing might come off before the rotor lets go. I've removed several
rotors on tapered shafts before. Some were stuck buy they always came off
eventually.