Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good gloves

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:03:28 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

Heh. I'm astounded they could get a cameraman, sound recordist and what
looked like five blokes actually needed to run the train on the
footplate. I noticed that Clarkson only did a tiny bit of shovelling, I
doubt that he actually shovelled 6 tonnes of coal.

I doubt it as well apart from the physical effort firing a steam loco
is quite a skilled job. It may be a small hole but the grate behind
it is quite big (50 sq ft in the spec that's somthing 5' wide and 10'
long...) and you need to keep it burning all over not just a little
bit by the door.

--
Cheers
Dave.