Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Panasonic upright cleaner now back in business! Next, the Hoover PurePower

I've fitted the new thermal fuse and bingo! It works again. Now for
the Hoover PurePower 1900w.

However, the cut-out on the Hoover is different in that the thing cuts
out, then you leave it for two to three minutes and it will start
again. The time until cut-out gets shorter and shorter.

The Panasonic's fuse OTOH was a one-time "blow", never to work again,
which figured, as it gave no warning at all when it stopped working.

So, my question, before I start dismantling the Hoover: will the
thermal fuse look similar to the Panaonic's e.g. one of these:
http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/ph...ermal_fuse.jpg

or will it be a different shape? Will it be an inline thing in the
brown cable like on the Pansonic, or a little black box with
connectors?

By the way, the repair for the Panasonic cost me 69p for the fuse and
£1.29 for a 10x packet of crimp-on butt connectors, 9 of which I've
got left.

MM