Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Above gorund swimming pools

On Jun 25, 12:17*pm, Randy wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:27:08 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

On Jun 24, 8:19*am, Randy wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:43:56 -0500, Richard J Kinch

wrote:
stryped writes:

My kids and wife are wanting an above ground swimming pool. Money is
kind of tight

Stop right there. *Swimming pools are horrifically expensive luxuries. *
True cost per swim will be over $100. *Anyone who says otherwise hasn't
done it or can't count.

I doubt that, but my pool adds $50.00/mo. *to my electreic bill, and
don't forget the cost of chemicals.

I got my pool used, 28' Johnny Weissmuller, top of the line, pool, all
accessories and even the wood deck for $500.00. *Came with a brand new
liner in the box. *They did not like the design. *You cannot reuse a
liner, the holes will NEVER line back up, reinstalled turned 90 to 180
degrees is a bad option, that would be 2 very big holes to patch.

I did destroy a few sections of lower track taking the pool apart, had
to order replacements before I could put it up. * Busted my ass with
about 3 weeks of digging to get a flat spot big enough. *Then had to
buy 2 tanker trucks of water to fill it, *I did not want to burn out
my well pump filling this thing.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

So a used one taken down if you buy a new liner is a good option? I
have an 8n. Can I borrow a scrapper to level it? I guess i would have
to use a shovel to remove the sod?

Used pool worked for me, it was in really nice shape, and had all the
accessories too.

No idea on the 8N and a scraper. * I dug by hand and used a 15 foot
long 8" I beam drug around in circles by my lawn tractor, (1" pipe as
center pivot thru hole in end of beam) * it would identify high spots
that needed more digging and I would lay a level on the beam from time
to time and dig as needed.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Good luck and be sure to enjoy the pool with your kids.

It's the memories that will count in the end.

TMT