Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Bondo vs Latex Putty?

On Jun 25, 3:04*pm, ransley wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:11*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

I have to fill some rotted areas in the exterior frame of some windows. I
already have some latex exterior putty which I can build up in layers. The
areas in question are about as wide as a pencil and maybe twice that deep.
I've heard that some people use Bondo for these situations. Is there a good
reason to prefer that product?

Latex putty will last 5 years, its junk. Bondo the 2 part epoxy will
out last you and maybe the wood.

I disagree....Bondo is a polyester resin NOT an epoxy.

Epoxy is a better material & more expensive than Bondo.

For interior repairs, Bondo is fine, for exterior Bondo is "ok" except
for redwood.

If you want an exterior repait to last use an epxoy ........like
WoodEpox or LiquidWood from www. abatron.com

cheers
Bob