Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to kill hornets - special situation

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:46:28 -0400, wrote:

I have a set of three wooden steps resting on concrete outside a door. The
structure is completely enclosed, but with lots of cracks where hornets can
get in and out.

I am afraid to try to remove any of the boards to gain access. I can stick
a tube into the interior through a crack

At night, I tried pouring a small amount (all I happened to have) of
ammonia through the tube into the interior yo see if the fumes would kill
them or drive them out. It didn't happen.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hornet spray killer does the job.