Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Good gloves

newshound wrote:
Until recently I've always used the traditional hide "gardening"
gloves for handling blocks, etc, and put up with cuts and splinters
as an inevitable consequence of most lighter building DIY because you
have to take them off for anything more delicate.

But this type

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74540/...uilders-Gloves

is *really* good (have used similar non-screwfix from local builders'
merchant, not just pushing the Screwfix product).

You get enough "touch" to keep them on while drilling brickwork,
plugging and screwing, sawing timber and doing basic carpentry with
wood chisels, etc. I've been climbing up and down a scaffold tower
while repairing and painting facia boards, fitting new guttering and
downpipes, and you can just leave them on for everything.

Also, they come up more or less as new if you sling them in the
washing machine at the end of the day with the jeans and boiler suit.

Really impressed.

They sell these as gardening gloves around here - I buy them all the time,
50p a pair.
They are normal cotton gloves but are partially coated with silicone
rubber....this peels off after a while, but they last quite a long time.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008