Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default How to kill hornets - unusual situation - Pics available

On Jun 25, 11:58*am, wrote:

I am afraid to try to remove any of the boards to gain access because they
are very aggressive.

How difficult would it be to move the steps as a unit? I can't tell
if they're attached to the house.

IME I have never seen such a situation where the hornets were not
nesting in the ground under the porch slab, entering between there and
foundation.

In a previous post I was asked for pictures. *You can see them at:
* * * *http://j7000.com/stairs/stairs.pdf

Any suggestions will be appreciated. *Thanks.

Your best option might be to throw a tarp over the steps, stuff it
into the perimeter cracks then introduce an insecticidal dust.

I like Delta Dust http://www.pestproductsonline.com/Labels-MSDS/A003L.pdf
but hornets are pretty tough, it might take awhile.

A bulb duster is my preferred method of dust application.
http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/dustext1.JPG

Another (/additional) option might be to squirt the steps in their
entirety with Tempo WP, but that's also going to take awhile.
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/te...-wp-p-236.html

If you can seal all but 1 or 2 cracks you can, at night, fire up the
lawnmower and rest it against the steps. Then use any hornet/wasp
freeze spray and shoot their asses as they come out to get you.

I always liked to have a minimum of 3 cans of spray, and a backup
shooter. Plus, you might want to test the sprayers in the store
before purchase, just give it a little squirt. I attacked a nest
once, pulled the trigger and got nothing, and got the same from my
backup.

You've got a job on your hands.
-----

- gpsman