Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Getting a Large Tool Box Out of the Back of a Toyota Tundra?

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
Aside from my blade difficulty just posted, I have another tricky task. My
son left me his Tundra for several years with me while he's working
outside the country. He left a large tool box in the back that may weight
100 or more pounds. I'd like to get it out. It's on its side and has
caster wheels. The truck bed has a camper shell. I can probably slide the
box onto the bed, but getting it on the ground is likely a real challenge.
I don't think I can just put up some 2x6s or plywood and slide it down.
Any ideas?

Maybe removing tools would help, but since the trays are vertical, that
might be difficult.

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Tie a strong long rope to it. Drop the tailgate. Tie the other end of the
rope to a tree or stationary object. Peel out in first gear so the box is
pulled off quickly and drops straight down instead of tumbling and rolling.
The wheels will be crushed, but other than that, it should be okay. The
trick is get the rpms up in the 5,000 range and then to pop the clutch.

HTH

Steve