Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Changing My Riding Mower Blade

On Jun 25, 12:27�am, "W. eWatson" wrote:
I have a 10 year old Deere lawn mower, and decided to have the blade
sharpened. The last time I did this was about 4 years ago. I made a ramp for
one set of wheels, left probably, from a 2x6 and used 8" high concrete brick
then drove up it. I got the blade off pretty easily, as I recall. Not so
this time. Maybe rust or something has tightened it up. This time I put two
2x6s on bricks and rolled it up. The center of the blade is about 3" from
the left wheel track and the distance from the ground to the blade increased
by maybe 4-6", so clearance is tricky to work. I have no vehicle to put the
mower into, or I'd be tempted to take it to a dealer.

Any suggestions on how to build a ramp that would make this easier to service?

After reading your other post concerning a heavy tool box, I am
suggesting (like another poster) you get a engine hoist,cherry picker,
shop crane (they are all the same thing, just different names). They
can be bought brand new for under $200. Used ones for about $100. You
will learn that it will save you TONS of money and frustration. Sorry
about the pun.

Hank