Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Weather station

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"George" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If, as a result of your comparison, your new device is still
inaccurate, call the company that made it. I'm sure they would
rather make it right than have their name mentioned here.

I called and they told me the spec is +/- 2 degrees. At that much
of a differential, I'd not have bought it. At this point I think
I'm going to return it and buy another brand with more accuracy.

Sadly a lot of stuff seems to have really Mickey Mouse specs.

Davis instruments makes nice stuff but are a little more spendy:

http://www.davisnet.com/

Oregon scientific also makes good stuff:

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/sho...?cid=2&scid=84

The Davis stuff is nice, but $600
The Oregon scientific as the same 2 degree tolerance that the Accurite
has. Only difference is they may be in tolerance while mine is not.

I did find a Zephyr Instruments that is half a degree. I'm going to
call Accurite and see what they have to say before taking it back to
the store and ordering the Zephyr.

If it's the PWS-1000TB you're eyeballing, I saw $131.95 + s&h. It was $16
to NC. You can start a Buy of it and it will tell you your s&h without
putting in anything other tan zip code.

http://www.ambientweather.com/prpmpws1080tb.html

Lemme know if you find a better price.