Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Rabbits galore

"Walter R." wrote in
:

I am plagued by hordes of rabbits. They eat everything in sight,
especially tender shoots and newly planted stuff. When they get
desperate they will even eat my Red Apple iceplant.

Within the city limits I cannot use a firearm. Would an air rifle be
powerful enough to kill them? Wonder where they go to die. Will I end
up with Rabbit carcasses all over my garden?

Trapping them sounds like a lot of trouble, especially with the high
cost of gasoline.

Any other drastic remedies?

And no, I do not want to cook them. During the depression my wife and
I collected road-kill rabbits and cooked them for supper. During the
war (WW II Germany) we bred them by the hundreds in our backyard and
turned them into sausage. Fortunately we no longer have a need for
such desperate measures.

Fisher Cat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

Hunting and diet

Fishers are solitary hunters. Their primary prey include hares,
rabbits, squirrels, mice, shrews, porcupines and sometimes
domesticated animals.

When I was in Vermont, one moved into our wooded development one year.
All rabbits and squirrels disappeard. Fisher moved on to another area and
reappeared when population started to pick up again. Cleaned up some
other part and came back I guess.

Nope, no idea how to get one into your area but it WOULD solve your
problem 100% guaranteed. Maybe your local Game person can help. And maybe
they will tell you if you touch one in any way your fine will be 10x your
medical bills when that wad of teeth and claws tears into you.