Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to knock off slab remainder?

On Jun 24, 3:11*am, ben wrote:
The slab for my garage looks like it wasn't finished right. *Take a
look:

*http://yfrog.com/58things1j
*http://yfrog.com/58things2j

You can see a lip that extends beyond the face of the slab. *I'm about
to cut off the rotten siding and replace it. *But it's clear that one
reason it rotted is because water would hit this lip and bounce back
onto the siding.

What's the best way to remove this lip without damaging the face? *You
can see in the 2nd image that it looks like the face has been knocked
away past where it should have been. *I want to avoid doing that
myself.

I was thinking a cold chisel and a sledge, but I've never done
anything like this.

thx

Can you put on the new siding so that it overhangs the lip? Keep it
high enuf to avoid contact with standing water, etc, the ground does
not look to be sloped away from the slab very much. Builing up the
walls should be a much easier and faster way then trying to cut the
lip back.