Posted to alt.home.repair
RB[_2_] RB[_2_] is offline

Default 30 Guests in a Hot House

Fleemo wrote:
Ok, so the wife's having 30 people over on Saturday for an afternoon
shindig. Just so happens that Saturday will be the hottest day of the
year so far (over the century mark), and our wimpy air conditioner
barely chugs along to keep the house at 83 degrees. Any suggestions
for keeping my guests relatively cool short of replacing the entire AC
system?

1 - Serve lemonade and other citrus drinks. Citrus has an amazing
ability to increase heat tolerance. I can binge on lemonade a few days
before I know I will have to be out in the heat, and I feel noticably
cooler. try it.

2 - I have added a lubricant product to my home and auto A/C systems. It
will immediately drop a car A/C almost 10 degrees. The house was good
for 5 degrees. Since it's a heat pump, it made it warmer when I added it
during the winter. The cold-natured wife noticed it immediately, the
digital thermometer confirmed it. Product is called ICE-32.

3 - Set up a misting spray on your outside condenser fins. You can buy a
misting kit for cheap at Home Depot and attached it around the top of
the unit. Connect hose and turn it on low.

4 - Window units.

It's 100-deg today in Fort Worth.
I feel your pain.