Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default does all wood darken?

Tanus wrote:
Leon wrote:
"dustyone" wrote in message
Hello all,

Question:

Does all wood darken with age? Cherry, of course, is an example of
such a species. Do other woods behave in the same way? One would
think that most color would fade with exposure to light, and that
cherry is an anomaly.

Curt Blood
Hartford, CT

NO! some get lighter but most get darker. IIRC Walnut will
lighten with exposure to light as opposet to Maple, Cherry, Padauh,
Cocobolo which get darker.

Walnut will lighten? Does that work the same way as cherry darkens?
Make sure it gets sun exposure and leave it there to lighten up.

I have a walnut bowl that seems a bit dark and if all I have to do is
put it by a southern exposed window, I'd like to see how light it
gets.
Tanus

Not very...it gets redder (than fresh cut) with golden overtones.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...