Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default OT Above gorund swimming pools

On Jun 24, 8:19*am, Randy wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:43:56 -0500, Richard J Kinch

wrote:
stryped writes:

My kids and wife are wanting an above ground swimming pool. Money is
kind of tight

Stop right there. *Swimming pools are horrifically expensive luxuries. *
True cost per swim will be over $100. *Anyone who says otherwise hasn't
done it or can't count.

I doubt that, but my pool adds $50.00/mo. *to my electreic bill, and
don't forget the cost of chemicals.

I got my pool used, 28' Johnny Weissmuller, top of the line, pool, all
accessories and even the wood deck for $500.00. *Came with a brand new
liner in the box. *They did not like the design. *You cannot reuse a
liner, the holes will NEVER line back up, reinstalled turned 90 to 180
degrees is a bad option, that would be 2 very big holes to patch.

I did destroy a few sections of lower track taking the pool apart, had
to order replacements before I could put it up. * Busted my ass with
about 3 weeks of digging to get a flat spot big enough. *Then had to
buy 2 tanker trucks of water to fill it, *I did not want to burn out
my well pump filling this thing.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

So a used one taken down if you buy a new liner is a good option? I
have an 8n. Can I borrow a scrapper to level it? I guess i would have
to use a shovel to remove the sod?