Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Above gorund swimming pools

On Jun 24, 2:34*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:59*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

On Jun 23, 6:29*pm, Wes wrote:

wrote:
Have you contacted your home owners insurance company about this yet?
Might not like th' increase in premiums if money's tight. *

Swimming pools far more deadly to the little ones than guns.

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

Got statistics to prove that...other than NRA fluff.

Dead is dead either way.

TMT

Here are some numbers...

Pools : 260

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07195.html

Guns : 3792

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/00...naldeath98.htm

Got better ones?

It would seem that guns are 10x more dangerous.

TMT

In Chapter 5 of Freakonomics, which explores the art and science of
parenting, we pose this question: Which is more dangerous, a gun or a
swimming pool? It turns out that far more children die each year in
swimming pool accidents than in gun incidents. For parents in warm-
weather states like Florida, California, and Arizona, this is plainly
a year-round concern, and now that summer seems to have leapt over
spring (at least here in New York City, where it hit 80 F. yesterday),
swimming-pool season is nearly here for all of us.

Dan