Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washers

I'm in much the same situation. My latest one is from Home
Depot, because it was the only one I could find with a metal
housing. Where the high pressure hose hooks on, it's zinc
die cast, not plastic.

The two I had before that. One was Sears electric (red), off
Ebay. Bad pressure switch. And then a blue Campbell
Hausfield, that cracked the high pressure outlet.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DS" wrote in message
I have just bought my fourth pressure washer in six years.
The first was a Karcher and it was junk The last was from
"Active
Products" and it lasted one year, almost to the date but, of
course,
until after the warranty expired.
They do not get heavy use.
Am I just unlucky? I'd like to hear of other experiences.
Maybe I'm
going something wrong.
I suspect the problem on the latest unit is failure of the
little
spring loaded pressure switch that attaches to the pump
inside the
cowling..
Is this fixable? More to the point, with washers going as
cheap as
$90, is it worth fixing?
Would I have better luck with a gas driven model?
Tx
ds