Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washers

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:16:55 -0700 (PDT), DS wrote:

I have just bought my fourth pressure washer in six years.
The first was a Karcher and it was junk The last was from "Active
Products" and it lasted one year, almost to the date but, of course,
until after the warranty expired.
They do not get heavy use.
Am I just unlucky? I'd like to hear of other experiences. Maybe I'm
going something wrong.
I suspect the problem on the latest unit is failure of the little
spring loaded pressure switch that attaches to the pump inside the
cowling..
Is this fixable? More to the point, with washers going as cheap as
$90, is it worth fixing?
Would I have better luck with a gas driven model?
Tx
ds

I'm wondering if pressure washers are really needed. I've had a house
for 20 years and have not used a pressure washer, altough considered
one that would operate with my 20-gallon 5HP air compressor.