Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default OT Above gorund swimming pools

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:17:50 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message
My kids and wife are wanting an above ground swimming pool. Money is
kind of tight and was wondering if a person could buy a used on off
craigslist or if a used pool is not a good idea. Are they hard to
install yourself?

Thanks!

Hi Stryped,
I bought a used pool many, many years back. Prior to buying I checked out
the price of a new liner. Was quite expensive ($350±) at the retail level
but was able to cajole a manufacturer to sell me one at a wholesale price.
Claimed I wanted to try out their liner on a customer pool to see if I could
recommend for other jobs. Considerable savings. More than 50%.

In my instance the pool price was $100. That's pretty cheap for all the
metal, railings, ladders, pumping systems etc. etc.

Ivan Vegvary

I picked up two pumps for $0.50 each a couple weeks back just to get
the 25 foot power cords. I haven't decided what to do with them yet,
they both worked fine when I tested them.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

I use a pool filter and pump for the first stage of the water filtration
in this place. The water comes from a nearby creek. Into a 1000 gallon
holding tank. Through the pool filter to remove sediment and larger
crud. It then hits another holding tank with a dual UV unit in it. Then
it goes through a two stage system of sediment filters and water
softening. Then through two charcoal filters. Coming out the water makes
bottled water look like crap!

--
Steve W.