Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Pressure washers

On Jun 23, 3:16*pm, DS wrote:
I have just bought my fourth pressure washer in six years.
The first was a Karcher and it was junk The last was from "Active
Products" and it lasted one year, almost to the date but, of course,
until after the warranty expired.
They do not get heavy use.
Am I just unlucky? I'd like to hear of other experiences. Maybe I'm
going something wrong.
I suspect the problem on the latest unit is failure of the little
spring loaded pressure switch that attaches to the pump inside the
cowling..
Is this fixable? More to the point, with washers going as cheap as
$90, is it worth fixing?
Would I have better luck with a gas driven model?
Tx
ds

My Karcher is maybe 7 yrs old and gets maybe 8-20 hrs a year, my
friends is 12 yrs and is used weekly commercialy. What blows, do you
turn on the pump before water is through the system and all air is
out, is voltage good, did they freeze. With things china made who can
know what quality is anymore. It seems like most things are just made
cheap. HD offers some of the best warrantys on power tools and my shop
vac, maybe they have a better warranty on power washers, but I dont
know. Before I got the Karcher, in one afternoon I blew out 2, 100$
chinese Generacs, there is alot of junk being sold these days.