Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default OT Above gorund swimming pools

stryped wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:32 am, "Steve W." wrote:
stryped wrote:
My kids and wife are wanting an above ground swimming pool. Money is
kind of tight and was wondering if a person could buy a used on off
craigslist or if a used pool is not a good idea. Are they hard to
install yourself?
Thanks!

Not hard to install. Level chunk of ground. Put 3-4" of clean sand down.
Set up frame and install liner. Connect up filter pump, Fill with water
and check the PH and bacteria with a test kit.

Biggest problem with used is the liner. Holes are NOT good...

--
Steve W.

One problem is my lot is not perfectly level. How can I level it by
hand?

Well you can dig the high spots down and toss the fill into the low
spots. Not fun but can be done.

How much are liner.

How high is the sky? Depends on the pools size, shape, liner material,
color. Low end probably $150.00 high end $3000.00+

--
Steve W.