Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Two questions about closed cell foam inuslation

On Jun 22, 9:45*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
I've heard about all the advantages, but:

1. Could it be so heavy that it jeopardizes the stability of the roof
in a roofline application?
2. The gas that it traps inside - I'm sure it slowly leaks over time -
what type of gas is it and is it dangerous?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

This is for a heated room underneath, right. Its very light it might
equal 1/2" of snow, I am guessing, my roof might take 2ft+ load no
problem. Some foams off gas little, some more, but the roof will
breath it out. In sun in a hot area the roof temp will go up, roof
life depending on type, may go down.