Posted to alt.home.repair

Default generator transfer switch

Dottie wrote:
Last year we bought a generator. We did not get a transfer switch but
did talk about it in estimated costs ... so this year when I started
asking about buying one and getting it installed, the price has gone
up a lot and there is a big variation according to whom I am
asking ... for a 5000 horsepower generator - what should the average
price be. We only expect to have about six outlets (120). And what
should we expect to pay to install it - garage is concrete block so it
would have to be mounted on the wall with screws. Thanks. I am in
Tampa Bay area.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned manually operated
double pole double throw safety switches. I've installed
several of them over the years as an economical way to
transfer power from the power company feed to a generator.

http://tinyurl.com/nr84za

TDD