Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Underperforming toilet.

On Jun 22, 9:08*am, "Dan Listermann" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

On Jun 19, 9:52 pm, "Dan Listermann" wrote:

snip
The toilet at our camp is not flushing properly.
snip
There is no real vent for the toilet,
snip

Bingo!

The "vent" was the problem. *I found that I could turn the problem on and
off by opening a port that I use to drain the RV. *It seems that the septic
system is fairly tight and the toilet needs to "burp" to form the siphon.
The "venting" is supposed to be through the kitchen's drain line but it had
a sag in it and evidently plugged. *I got the line level and am using enzyme
stuff to try to clear the sediment; a plumber's snake with a hose did not
work. *If this still does not perform, I guess I will have to rig a better
vent.

*Thanks for your help!

Speaking for all who made suggestions, "You're welcome"

Joe