Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Upstairs too hot

Sounds like you've got air flow problems. Cold air is
heavier than warm air, so it's hard for the furnace to push
the cold air up from the cellar. You may also have poor air
return to the furnace. Many times I've seen under sized air
returns causing problems.

As others have mentioned, running the circulating fan all
the time may help.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
The upstairs is almost always hotter than the downstairs
during the
summer. Noticeably hotter. If we get the upstairs
comfortable, the
downstairs is like an ice box.
Any suggestions? The house is about 20 years old. Also,
I'm trying
to avoid tearing up the roof.

--
"I found what I thought was a REALLY good book,
called _Girl to Grab_. Imagine my surprise when I found