Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Spiral nails pulling out of deck

On Jun 22, 11:31*am, mg wrote:
There are 6 or 8 spiral nails on our deck that will not stay down. The
boards are flat on the deck and do not appear to be cupped or warped.
But, within about 3 months of driving the nails down, they are back
up.

Should I pull the nails and replace them with the next size larger
spiral nail?

Should I pull the nails and replace them with coated deck screws?

I replied to your post in another newsgroup. When you are asking one
question that applies to a couple of three newsgroups, post only the
one message. Otherwise people can't see all of the responses and
there will be duplication, wasted time and effort. It's not spamming
when you post to more than one group if it is applicable to the
group. Thanks.