Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Audel Carpenters and Builders library

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 22 June, 10:50, Topaz wrote:

Does anyone have a copy of the Audel publication Carpenters and
Builders Library Book #1, containing information on Framing Squares?
It must be a about a 1923 print, or reprint thereof.

Try the wikipedia article on steel squares, and contacting the author
of the majority of that article. They're clearly someone who knows
their squares and is possibly going to have a copy of such a book.

Nearest I can do from my shelves is Audel's, "New Catechism of the
Steam Engine", which isn't quite the same thing 8-)

It's book 3 that has the information on framing squares, in stock at Amazon
for 25 bucks (order fast if you want one--they say there's only one left in
stock).

http://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Bui.../dp/076457115X

They also have several copies of the 1923 edition of the full set for prices
ranging from 25 bucks on up depending on condition.
http://www.amazon.com/Audels-Carpent.../dp/B000KM5PBM

If you go to Amazon and search on "steel square" you'll find several other
books covering that territory as well. Horner's "Essential Guide to the
Steel Square"
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guid.../dp/1565233425
for 14 bucks covers it in excruciating detail in 200 pages vs 30 for the
Audels book.