Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Upstairs too hot

Frank wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
The upstairs is almost always hotter than the downstairs during
the summer. Noticeably hotter. If we get the upstairs comfortable,
the downstairs is like an ice box.
Any suggestions? The house is about 20 years old. Also, I'm
trying to avoid tearing up the roof.

I have same problem. HVAC guy said it would cost a fortune to set up
ductwork and fans to correct. Since there are only 2 of us, wife is
thinking about getting a portable AC. I don't want to stick one in
the window. Maybe others can comment.

I bought and installed a 110v window unit in the bedroom.

It cut my power bill by 2/3rds.

Honest - from $240/month to $80.

Think on it; why cool the whole house for the twelve hours a day you're
sleeping?