Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Steel Beam Prices

On Jun 20, 9:27*am, "John" wrote:
Anyone have a rough idea on what a W5x19 17 feet (KSI 50) *beam *might cost per foot or total price. *I'd be buying 2. * Just received my plan in the mail and everyone's closed. *I'm in northern NY state. *Thanks.

My first instinct might be to check out some of the scrap metal places
for a deal on price but the cost of the things may be the least of
your worries. Getting it delivered may csot more than the beams unless
you can DIY. If they can be found at a scrap yard yiu could probably
get them for about $.25 a pound 2 to 3 time that for new. This is
something you could probably rent a trailer to move if you have a
vehicle that will pull it. Renting a trailer may cost $50 or so a day.
The local tool rental place here has them. Where you buy the beams
should load them for you . You can unload them by chaining the ends to
a tree amd pulling the trailer from underneath them.

Jimmie