Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Anyone recognise this boiler?

Bob Minchin wrote:

The internal picture shown several similarities with my Thorn M44/54.
I've owned it since 1982 and it was in the house prior to the
conversion to natural gas in the Southampton area when ever that was.
It is still going strong and is a doddle to maintain and spares still
available. I aslo have aspare one in the garage that I've not needed
to canibalise yet.

Bob

Blimey, that could be old then! I don't know how long it took to convert the
whole country, or when in the proceedings Southampton was converted, but my
area (Warwick) was done in about 1969.

[I know because I bought a new (just built) house in 1968, and installed
central heating in it in the spring of 1969. Conversion had *just* taken
place - so I was able to install a NG boiler without having to have a TG
boiler converted].
--
Cheers,
Roger