Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default Entertainment Center just about finished

Hi Bob,
It is an arm that allows the TV to come out. The owner prefers the TV at
couch level......I asked about this, and he stated that that is how the old
TV was and that is how they are used to the viewing......
I prefer a raised TV.....They do have the TV armateur that allows the TV to
come up, and the cabinet could easily handle that aspect, although now it
will just swing in and or out.....
Thanks
john
"Bob Haar" wrote in message
On 6/20/09 10:24 PM, "jloomis" wrote:

Cabinets on left for components, center for flat screen tv put on a swing
out arm......4 doors to enclose tv when not in use.....

Overall, a nice design that looks like it meets the customer's desires.

I do have a question about the mechanism for the flat panel TV. Is it just
one of the pan/tilt "arms" or does it raise the flat panel to eye level. I
would prefer to have it mounted so that the center of the screen is at or
slightly aboove eye level when seated.