Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Entertainment Center just about finished

Birch shop ply with birch face frame....
Cabinets on left for components, center for flat screen tv put on a swing
out arm......4 doors to enclose tv when not in use.....right side
shelving...
Speakers boxes are framed and cover with cane......
The old cabinet had some cane on it, so I decided to make a new look with
cane cover.......It really came out neat,
Wet the cane, staple it, some wood glue around the perimeter, and voila, it
streches, and seals nicely
The top swings up to get at the wiring.....
and the speaker boxes can be accessed with dado out hatch covers in the
bottom shelve......
john

Attached Images

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Very nice! I will eventually have to alter the sideboard we have now asan
entertainment center, for a new TV, if and when the economy of our
household allows ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
The top swings up to get at the wiring.....
and the speaker boxes can be accessed with dado out hatch covers in the
bottom shelves......

Very nice. It will really stand out when it has a finish on it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank You
Imagine this......although the owners choice.....It will be painted
white.....
Actually the interior of the house that it goes in is all white......
I call it "French Garden" style..........I chose a nice wood so that the
paint will cover nicely.....
jloomis
"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
The top swings up to get at the wiring.....
and the speaker boxes can be accessed with dado out hatch covers in the
bottom shelves......

Very nice. It will really stand out when it has a finish on it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 6/20/09 10:24 PM, "jloomis" wrote:

Cabinets on left for components, center for flat screen tv put on a swing
out arm......4 doors to enclose tv when not in use.....

Overall, a nice design that looks like it meets the customer's desires.

I do have a question about the mechanism for the flat panel TV. Is it just
one of the pan/tilt "arms" or does it raise the flat panel to eye level. I
would prefer to have it mounted so that the center of the screen is at or
slightly aboove eye level when seated.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Bob,
It is an arm that allows the TV to come out. The owner prefers the TV at
couch level......I asked about this, and he stated that that is how the old
TV was and that is how they are used to the viewing......
I prefer a raised TV.....They do have the TV armateur that allows the TV to
come up, and the cabinet could easily handle that aspect, although now it
will just swing in and or out.....
Thanks
john
"Bob Haar" wrote in message
On 6/20/09 10:24 PM, "jloomis" wrote:

Cabinets on left for components, center for flat screen tv put on a swing
out arm......4 doors to enclose tv when not in use.....

Overall, a nice design that looks like it meets the customer's desires.

I do have a question about the mechanism for the flat panel TV. Is it just
one of the pan/tilt "arms" or does it raise the flat panel to eye level. I
would prefer to have it mounted so that the center of the screen is at or
slightly aboove eye level when seated.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
It is an arm that allows the TV to come out. The owner prefers the TV at
couch level......I asked about this, and he stated that that is how the

old
TV was and that is how they are used to the viewing......

I added one of these to my entertainment centre. It's really convenient to
be able to swivel a large LCD screen where you want.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43597,43601

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You might want to check out this mount...
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I purchased this mount about 9 months ago and it is/has been great! Easy to
mount, holds up to 175lbs. All the movement you can want/need AND, it is a
scissor-jack type setup, not that single arm. MUCH stronger. After all of
that, check out the price WITH shipping! LESS than $100.00.

I've purchased a lot of things from Monoprice and have never been
disappointed.

"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
It is an arm that allows the TV to come out. The owner prefers the TV
at
couch level......I asked about this, and he stated that that is how the

old
TV was and that is how they are used to the viewing......

I added one of these to my entertainment centre. It's really convenient
be able to swivel a large LCD screen where you want.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43597,43601

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Most welcome

"Upscale" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
It is an arm that allows the TV to come out. The owner prefers the TV
at
couch level......I asked about this, and he stated that that is how
the
old
TV was and that is how they are used to the viewing......

I added one of these to my entertainment centre. It's really convenient
be able to swivel a large LCD screen where you want.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43597,43601

Entertainment Center Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 24 June 9th 09 12:43 AM
Finally finished the entertainment center! loutent Woodworking 0 September 11th 05 07:54 PM
Entertainment center Max Woodworking 11 April 4th 05 07:11 PM
DVD holders in Entertainment Center Christopher Mooney Woodworking 2 December 23rd 03 02:13 PM
Wheels for entertainment center Tim L. Woodworking 6 August 3rd 03 04:26 AM