Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Steel Beam Prices

On Jun 21, 7:14*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 21, 9:58*am, "DanG" wrote:

Not in my area. *Delivery would be extra, I assumed the question
was for purchase price. *Taxes would also be additional. *Delivery
might be included if dealing with a supplier with whom you do
plenty of business but I don't think that is the case with the
original post.

That was my point in my first post. *It's not a big ticket item, and
the 'extras' like delivery, one-time-buyer status and tax will make a
big difference in the final cost.

Rico's original post is correct.....only the local delivered cost
matters.

I'm in SoCal, so I have a significant number of steel suppliers within
30 miles. The cost for hot rolled steel shapes varies all over the
map.....from as little as 30¢ to as much as $1 a pound. It depends
on what's in stock, the popularity of the desired section......and how
hungry the supplier be.

I typically figure $1 pound delivered so I'm always pleasantly
surprised when I get the real quote (except for square tube which is
often very expensive).

OP, plus with a 17' finished length most likely you'll be paying for
the whole 20' plus a cut charge.

Why such a shallow section? Head height restrictions? A shallow
beam is way less efficient use of material than a deeper one.

cheers
Bob