Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default "Fed Up" Customer Dies For Verizon Service

Jack wrote:
The old boy in the article below tried to stop the Verizon guy from
leaving, fell in the driveway, and died. I appreciate what he went
thru. Last Sunday, an idiot Verizon guy restored our dial tone but in
the process inadvertently? screwed up the wiring on my dedicated
Internet phone line. Also, although the residential phone line works
it is filled with static. The tech was out the door in a flash and on
his way before I could stop him. Learning what happened to the old
guy below, I'm glad I didn't try to stop him.
______________

Vienna Man Dies After Bid to Stop Verizon Van
Unhappy Customer, 79, Grabbed Wheel, Fell in Driveway

A 79-year-old Vienna man who was fed up with his Verizon service died
after trying to stop a technician's van from pulling out of his
driveway.

The man, identified by neighbors as William Cornelius, fell after
grabbing the steering wheel of the van late Wednesday afternoon and
died hours later at a hospital, police said.

(...)

Darwin award in order here. the asshole tried to grab on to a moving
vehicle.