Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

Default "Fed Up" Customer Dies For Verizon Service

The old boy in the article below tried to stop the Verizon guy from
leaving, fell in the driveway, and died. I appreciate what he went
thru. Last Sunday, an idiot Verizon guy restored our dial tone but in
the process inadvertently? screwed up the wiring on my dedicated
Internet phone line. Also, although the residential phone line works
it is filled with static. The tech was out the door in a flash and on
his way before I could stop him. Learning what happened to the old
guy below, I'm glad I didn't try to stop him.
______________

Vienna Man Dies After Bid to Stop Verizon Van
Unhappy Customer, 79, Grabbed Wheel, Fell in Driveway

A 79-year-old Vienna man who was fed up with his Verizon service died
after trying to stop a technician's van from pulling out of his
driveway.

The man, identified by neighbors as William Cornelius, fell after
grabbing the steering wheel of the van late Wednesday afternoon and
died hours later at a hospital, police said.

(...)
Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

Jack wrote:
The old boy in the article below tried to stop the Verizon guy from
leaving, fell in the driveway, and died. I appreciate what he went
thru.

Or not, he was clearly a troubled soul:

""Poor Bill," she said. "He had a lot of anger once his wife passed." "

[...]

Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

Jack wrote:
[...]

Darwin award in order here. the asshole tried to grab on to a moving
vehicle.

Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...09/06/18/AR200...

Vienna Man Dies After Bid to Stop Verizon Van
Unhappy Customer, 79, Grabbed Wheel, Fell in Driveway

A 79-year-old Vienna man who was fed up with his Verizon service died
after trying to stop a technician's van from pulling out of his
driveway.

The man, identified by neighbors as William Cornelius, fell after
grabbing the steering wheel of the van late Wednesday afternoon and
died hours later at a hospital, police said.

(...)

Darwin award in order here. *the asshole tried to grab on to a moving
vehicle.

s- Hide quoted text -

Darwin can only be awarded if the subject has yet to pass on his DNA.
Our hero was 79 years old.
Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

Jack wrote:
[...]

Our hero was 79 years old.- Hide quoted text -

Having lived thru Verizon FIOS hell, you have no idea ofb the
frustration dealing with them. The company has lost all interest in
customer service.

Heck they even have a company policy to never trim a tree, even if its
enangering their main phone lines.

They wait till the tree takes out the line and bills the property
owner for bthe damage..........

They fail to realize the most common time for lines to come down is a
storm, so storm recovery will be worse in the future

I had to call verizon every business day for 3 weeks and esclate the
problem to the presidents office to get a noisey router replaced in
our central office.

tried to cancel, they said your under contract.

yeah sure hide behind a contract so they can provide sucky service

Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,va.general

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:34:07 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Jun 21, 6:17=EF=BF=BDpm, Bea Foroni wrote:
On Jun 21, 6:37=EF=BF=BDam, Steve Barker wrote=

:

Jack wrote:
The old boy in the article below tried to stop the Verizon guy from
leaving, fell in the driveway, and died. =EF=BF=BDI appreciate what h=

e went
thru. =EF=BF=BDLast Sunday, an idiot Verizon guy restored our dial to=

ne but in
the process inadvertently? screwed up the wiring on my dedicated
Internet phone line. =EF=BF=BDAlso, although the residential phone li=

ne works
it is filled with static. =EF=BF=BDThe tech was out the door in a fla=

sh and on
his way before I could stop him. =EF=BF=BDLearning what happened to t=

he old
guy below, I'm glad I didn't try to stop him.
______________
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn.../06/18/AR200.=

..

Vienna Man Dies After Bid to Stop Verizon Van
Unhappy Customer, 79, Grabbed Wheel, Fell in Driveway

A 79-year-old Vienna man who was fed up with his Verizon service died
after trying to stop a technician's van from pulling out of his
driveway.

The man, identified by neighbors as William Cornelius, fell after
grabbing the steering wheel of the van late Wednesday afternoon and
died hours later at a hospital, police said.

(...)

Darwin award in order here. =EF=BF=BDthe asshole tried to grab on to a =

[...]

If Obama is taking over all the corporations, he might as well take
over Verizon.

Even *he* couldn't **** it up any worse than it already is.