Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default OT News Motzarella problems

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall
saying something like:

Yes - moved to the new servers yesterday...
Bit of a fiddle (using Thunderbird) - created a completely new account
and downloaded my usual newsgroups - including this one.

If you can't see the usual range of newsgroups then you're not properly
subscribed - in Thunderbird it's necessary to check the 'Always request
authentication when connecting...' box

In Agent you just 'sample headers in all groups' to the tune of 20 or
so, then whole thing is updated. Else the bugger tries to download the
entire history of Usenet.