Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
7.131...
I often wonder if any of the skeptics have actually tried using a
couple bent wires. They work for me but I don't base any
decisions on what they inidicate without other evidence supporting
them. From tests of a few neighbors, friedns and family it seems
that they work for at least half of anyone who tries it.
Harry K

I am a skeptic, but in 1972 when I lived on a farm we had a dowser come
tell us where a drain pipe went, and he located it for us. When he
left, I picked up his sticks and walked back over his path, and the
sticks did seem to dip at the right spot. I have no idea if this is an
undiscovered science, or suggestion, but it worked, and I am not
gullible about these things.

I can take a tin can lid, a piece of plate, or most any metal object, and
the wires will cross when I walk over the object. This does not explain
water in a PVC pipe, but I've used it for years.

One time, we were quail hunting, and I went with some Mormon friends. I
dowsed a water line that flowed to a corral, and it was rumored that there
was a break 500 yds north where quail congregated. When he saw me do it, I
wasn't sure if he was going to allow me back in his truck for the 90 mile
trip home. My other friend did some heavy talking, but he thought for sure
I was something demonic. But normal people have that reaction sometimes,
too. Is there something about me?

Steve