Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Question To The Group - Wood Turners Migrating Here?

On Jun 20, 11:26*am, Tanus wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

snip

Sounds good to me.

Tanus

How have you been? Coming this way at any time this summer?

I've been good thanks Rob. I was down to visit my Mom last week, and
expect to be down a few more times during the summer. I saw ads for
Bayfest this year when I was in Sarnia, and will likely try to dovetail
a viist with the festival (note the terminology to keep it wood related)

We buried Jim Stokely this past week. He was the founder and organizer
of Bayfest, restauranteur (Stokes by the Bay, Stokes Inland, Industry
Theater) He was 50. A long family history of heart disease. Dead
before he hit the ground. He was fit as a fiddle, in great shape. Non-
smoker, casual drinker- the odd glass of beer or wine- and never
appeared too stressed about the immense task of running Bayfest. He
had/has an excellent staff.
Only people really close to him knew he had donated $ 400,000 to local
charities from past Bayfest profits. No photo-ops, no plaques, no
appearances.
FIFTY, for chrissakes...
Bayfest will live on, as his wife Michelle was as much involved in the
running of it as Jim was.
The community is still reeling, as I am.

How've you been?

Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger or a one-legged man at an ass-
kicking contest. The HomeShow really made a difference. Fortunately,
along the bread-and-butter countertop business, people are also buying
interesting stuff like carved fire-place mantels, signs, etc. I am
very happy doing that kinda one-off crazy stuff.
When you roll into town, my phone number is on my web-page www.topworks.ca.
I'll buy you an Erdinger (or two) at Paddy's.

Rob