Posted to alt.home.repair
Djay Djay is offline

Default Bath tub Liner vs. Reglazing

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
Our main bathroom tub suffered a damage by falling object creating
chipped away glazing. Bathroom overall(vanity, toilet, floor, tile walls)
being in very good shape, I am wondering if I can have the tub relined
with acrylic molded form or have it reglazed. Any opinions
between this two options or do I need a new tub.
TIA,

Tony,

I had my tub reglazed over 5 years ago and it was $350. 5 years have gone
by and it still looks brand new. I too had a chip in a prominant location
on the edge of my tub - the repair guy used a bondo-like substance and
sanded it smooth to match the contours of the surrounding surface. the
chipped spot dissapeared - about the size of a quarter - and the glazing
still looks great. The whole process took about 4 hours. Not sure about
the acrylic option as I have not seen that done before.

Good luck!

Djay