Posted to alt.home.repair
windcrest windcrest is offline

Default Built-in house vacuum.

On Jun 15, 10:27*am, terry wrote:
Some years ago they were a big item here but have noticed that most
people stop using them in favour of something smaller/lighter compared
to the bulky/heavy hoses and the messy business of emptying them
inside the house.

Often wondered if/why the central canister units for such systems
could be installed so they are emptied from outside the house. To
avoids recirculating the dust inside house. Or perhaps the canister
could be mounted in the garden shed outside?

Suggestions welcomeed.

Ours is the most appreciated appliance in the house. We put the
vacuum unit in the garage, I just love the thing, and find it easier
to work with a simple hose than dragging around acanister or upright.
The best part is that you know all the dust has been removed from the
house, as there is no bag seepage possible because the bag is in the
garage. I cant recommend a whole house vacuum enough, just love it.

When piping them you have to make sure any upward flowing pipes enter
the trunk line from the top so if a marble or screw gets in the line
it can go up and over and down into the trunk line instead of rattling
trying to enter the trunk line in turbulance. Also its a good idea to
run 2 pairs of low voltage wire to each outlet (thermostat wire is
good), this way if a carpenter shoots a nail through a wire you will
have a spare pair.