Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Listermann Dan Listermann is offline

Default Underperforming toilet.

"Joe" wrote in message
On Jun 15, 8:36 pm, "Dan Listermann" wrote:
The toilet at our camp is not flushing properly.

snip

All this hue and cry about the toilet makes me wonder if the
downstream plumbing is up to code. For example, this being a 'camp'
does the system actually have a genuine vent of 3" or better tied into
the toilet discharge line? And if there is one, is it open? Free of
bird nests, whatever? Worth checking, I would think.

There is no real vent for the toilet, but I can't see that preventing a good
flush. The line is vented with a 1.5" vent that is away from the toilet
line. As a test, I could open two ports that I use to dump the RV. They
will vent the septic tank.