Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Underperforming toilet.

On Jun 19, 10:45�am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Bent coat hanger?

I read some where about a guy who poured muriatic acid in
the overflow tube, and it came out the jets. The acid
loosened the calcium scale.

They make toilet cleaner bottles with a squirt up nozzle, I
don't know if any of them dispense acid to loosen the
calcium.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dan Listermann" wrote in message

Raising the tank's level seemed to do the trick, but this
morning, under
load, it did not finish the flush. �Last night I used an
auger, but it did
not seem to help.

Does anybody have any suggestions about cleaning out the
jets. �I am
thinking a set of Allen wrenches might work.

I am the muriatic acid guy it works great asa others here have
reported.

Acid is safe if used with a little care, it dissolves thew sediment
that builds up in the bowl rim passages