Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks

On Jun 18, 5:48*pm, "The Ranger" wrote:
Winston wrote in message

[snip]

Is the classroom on a poured concrete slab?
Sounds like masonry anchors into the floor would be
useful as well.

This would be highly useful but the school district is funny about what
they'll allow non-facilities personnel to perform. Anchoring furniture to
the floor, if performed without a work order by an uninsured, unlicenced
professional (teacher), can be a termination offense.

The Ranger

that "can be a termination offense"

Remember to take your fish with you when you leave. g

I remember back when my kids were in grade school, one of their
classrooms didn't have chalk ledge under the black board. The teacher
knew I did some woodworking and asked me to make her one. She said
she'd get the school's maintenance guy to mount it to the cinder block
wall.

I made her a real nice looking 8' ledge, complete with wooden mounting
brackets and even supplied the masonry screws and buttons to cover the
holes.

When I dropped it off at the school she called the maintenance guy who
told us that she would have to put in a request, which he would have
to get approved by the district, before he could drill into the block.
He then looked at me and added "However, if I came in Monday morning
and it was already mounted to the wall, well, there sure wouldn't be
much I could do about it."

Guess how I spent my Saturday morning?