Secret Squirrel

Default Jet tool service saga

"mttt" wrote in
:

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...

I didn't understand the last sentence in your comment. Could you be
more explicit about what you meant? The supersaw takes about as much
space as

Sure. I don't have 220V and won't anytime soon. So that took out "most
cabinet" saws. And "many/some/a-few" cabinet saws are $850. So I
had the floor space for a cabinet saw - as long as it had 30" rails,
but not the power.

On the contractor saw front - I'm in one-bay of the garage, and things
need to get pushed up snug against the walls. I thought, at the time
of purchase, having the motor inside the cabinet would be a big help.
Also good contractor saws were pushing $600.

Thus was looking at hybrids. (Family members who had used the DeWalt,
liked it.)
Had a little extra cash that month, bought the "marketing hype" and
purchased the saw.

Knowing what I now know - I think I'd have been better off finding
room for a contractor saw and going that route.

The Supersaw throws impediments at you from time to time - the timing
belt, the inability to buy a dado insert, the t-slots on the fence are
small and low, the tenoning jig won't fit w/o an adapter plate, etc.
But it's here, I like it and it's a far better saw than I am a
craftsman.

Another thing that you can consider is that one some contractor saws the
motor can be re-poistioned for storage. On the Delta , I have the
Platinum series ( I have no idea the model number) the motor will drop
down below the table allowing it to store flat against a wall. This whole
procedure, and the reverse takes just a few seconds