Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
: Han wrote in news:Xns9C2ECAEA55EC4ikkezelf@
: 199.45.49.11:

:
: I have the most respect for vegetarians. They are generally the most
: peaceloving people. It requires a lot of work to get a balanced diet,
: though, since some of our dietary requirements are almost exclusively
: meat-derived. Thus I also think many vegetarians who do not get a
: balanced diet are misguided, to say the least.
:

: One of the things I find annoying about vegetarian foods is how they try
: to make up for the lack of meat. If vegetarian was so good in the first
: place, why attempt to make vegetarian versions of things that require
: meat? Let the vegetables (and fruit) shine.

True enough, but none of the vegatarians I know do it out of sheer love of
fruits and vegetables. It's usually discomfort at killing animals. So,
fake meat is a way of getting that tasty flavor without the moral
consequences.

-- Andy BArss