Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default HF new Wireless Inspection Camera

On Jun 19, 1:58*pm, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 22:32:19 GMT, "Carl Ijames"
wrote:

Unfortunately nowhere in the ad or in the manual from hf's website do they
tell you the diameter of the probe! *I found a lookalike in an Exatech
catalog, more $$ but with a bigger lcd screen, and that one says the camera
diameter is 18 mm. *Guess that's why they aren't calling a borescope, where
10 mm is getting on the hefty side :-). *If you see the hf one in person I'd
love to verify the diameter.

I noticed that fact missing too. I would suspect it is
similar to Milwaukee and Ridgid's offerings. Milwaukee says
that theirs will fit through a 3/4 inch hole. See:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ductId=2310-21

or this model:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ductId=2300-20

Ridgid claims the camera as 17mm, which would go into a 3/4
inch hole about right See:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Undergro...gies/index.htm

What I liked about the HF version was the price. I see that
Ridgid and Milwaukee have dropped their prices some too.
When the Rigid Snake Handheld first appeared a couple years
ago it was going for around $300.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids *MI/Zone 5b

These things aren't reall intended as borescopes. They're more for
looking inside walls. I may well buy one. I used a buddy's Ridgid
version on a jobsite where there was a maze of crap behind the
sheetrock, and it definitely saved me a hundred dollars worth of time
pulling a few difficult cables.

And with the 20% coupon... I'll probably pick one up tomorrow.

Thanks, Leon, for separating me from a few more bucks.